Bid Day is one of the biggest moments in Greek Life. My Bid Day will forever be one of the most memorable days in my entire college career. At my university, rush week is grueling and long but the inevitable joy that comes at the end of the week is so worth it. I compiled a list of my favorite Bid Day themes from places such as Pinterest, Twitter, and, TSM.
1. The One We Want (Grease/Pink Lady Theme)
2. All American PiPhi (America Theme)
3. Chi Land (Candyland Theme)
4. Only the Best Get Picked (Flowers Theme)
5. Get Hooked (DG Anchor Theme)
6. Drafting the Best (Football/NFL Theme)
7. Let’s Go Fly A Kite (Theta Disney Theme)
8. Wild About Our New Members (Jungle Themed)
9. Kappa’s Secret (KKG Victoria’s Secret Theme)
10. XOXO ZTA (Gossip Girl Theme)
Paddles are a tradition in sororities. While many sororities have tried to stay away from paddles due to their historical uses, I believe that paddles are an essential part of Greek life. Whether you’re in PanHellenic, IFC, for MGC paddles are common place. I have complied a list of my five favorite paddles that I have come across on Pinterest.
Bonus: Kappa Alpha Theta UP Paddle (this is my personal paddle that I gave to my big. Not on the top five, but I wanted to share it on my blog)
My best friend has a birthday coming up so I put together a list of songs to celebrate. All these songs were taken from my personal iTunes library.
- Banga Banga by Austin Mahone
- Here’s To Never Growing Up by Avril Lavigne
- American Girl by Bonnie McKee
- Young Girls by Bruno Mars
- Money Make Her Smile by Bruno Mars
- Oath (ft. Becky G) by Cher Lloyd
- Sunrise by Childish Gambino
- You Need Me, I Don’t Need You by Ed Sheeran
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody by Fergie, Q-Tip and GoonRock
- I Like It Like That (ft. New Boyz) by Hot Chelle Rae
- Who’s Laughing Now? by Jessie J
- Birthday by Katy Perry
- Tik Tok by Ke$ha
- Crazy Kids by Ke$ha
- Soundtrack To My Life by Kid Cudi
- Dance In The Dark by Lady Gaga
- That’s My Kind of Night by Luke Bryan
- We Run This Town by Luke Bryan
- On My Own by Miley Cyrus
- We Can’t Stop by Miley Cyrus
- Twerk Like Miley (Caked Up Remix) by Oscar Wylde
- Good Time by Owl City
- Ain’t It Fun by Paramore
- The Big Bang by Rock Mafia
- Cure In My Cup by T. Mills
Thirty Penguin English Library Books To Read Before You’re Thirty
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Dubliners by James Joyce
- Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue and Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Lady Audley’s Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Evelina by Frances Burney
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Hard Times by Charles Dickens
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Two on a Tower by Thomas Hardy
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
Etsy is an amazing website website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies. In August 2013 it had over 30 million people registered to the site and over one million sellers. It’s annual revenue is in the billions and you can find almost ANYTHING on here. From baubles to LARP costumes, Etsy has it all. Here are five of my personal favorite Etsy shops.
ZoeBlingWorld - She has everything blinged out and it’s every girl’s diamond dream. She has rhinestone Starbucks coffee cups, Macbook covers, and even children’s Ugg boots. My mother recently purchased the Starbucks cup for me, so I am eagerly awaiting mine. Some of her pageant ladies have them and the rave about how durable and adorable they are. Image rolling up to Starbucks with a coffee cup such as these!
Soapopotamus - All I can say about their soap is WOW. They look realistic and yummy. The glazed doughnut ones make my mouth water and I suddenly have an urge for Dunkin’ Doughnuts. Caution, they are soap so please don’t eat them. Soap that looks exactly like food? Yes please!
BoutiqueMinimaliste - They have some of the cutest and most sophisticated looking jewelry on the site. I recently ordered one of their crystal necklaces for my best friend’s birthday and I am probably going to order one for myself. They are also amazingly priced and have a variety of different pieces to choose from. Their necklaces are lust worthy.
OneEyedFox - I have four pieces from this shop and I am dying for more. I have their Mischief Managed ring (I never take it off), their Accio Keys keychain, their Winter is Coming bracelet, and a custom bracelet for my dad. The creator is extremely nice and easy to get a hold of. The stuff is so durable and long lasting that no one would know that I got the pieces two years or so ago! I’m always trying to buy new pieces from this shop.
LatteDesign - My roommate and I love this shop and their prints. We plan on buying a ton of them to decorate our new apartment when we go back to Reno for the fall. They have such as large array of prints for any home and lifestyle. Their coffee prints are perfect for kitchens and I absolutely adore their latitude and longitude prints. So creative!
What is in my bag? I carry my red Tory Burch foldable bag on a daily basis when I’m not at school. For the beginning of summer, starting at the top I have: my red RayBan aviators, my Cartier Love ring case, a sweet mint Eos, Sharpie pens and a mechanical pencil, my grey Hermes wallet that I got in London, iPhone headphones, Lactacid pills because I am lactose intolerant, my Canon Rebel T3 (I obviously used it to take this photo so enjoy my lens cap), Purell hand sanitizer, my car keys with my Chelsea keychain, and my blue iPhone 5C.
Welcome to Fleur
Fleur is my creative blog. The idea is to document everything I do from this post and onward. Everything I post on here will reflect me, from my travels to where I eat. I started this blog as a sort of portfolio for my writing and a place to put my creativity (there are only so many crafts I can make). Things you can expect from me are reviews, a lot of photoshop, and tons of obsessions. I’m not expecting this blog to get millions and millions of followers, heck I would be content with about a hundred or so followers, but I’m hoping that some people can stumble upon my blog and learn something about life, fashion, food, or themselves. Also big thank you to WonderfulLifee for the amazing HTML for this layout.
Fleur, as said in my sidebar, is the French word for flower. I have been to France (I disliked Paris due to the people I went with) and the overall feel of the Parisian sophistication is one of my favorite things. The beautiful Champs-Élysées and the fashions in Paris will forever inspire me. I aspire to learn French after I master the Italian language and one of my dreams is to have a shopping spree on the Champs.
Going on with the little “about me” blurbs, here are ten facts about me that you will learn in the course of this blog:
- I am a sophomore in college and a dual major in International Affairs and journalism.
- I am an animal advocate and my favorite animals are dogs (pitbulls to be specific), pandas, giraffes, and lions.
- In regard to animals, I have had personal experiences with giraffes and lions.
- My father and I will spend two weeks in South Africa over winter break volunteering at a lion reserve.
- I have four dogs and two cats.
- London is my happy place. I went in summer 2013 and I will be returning December 2014.
- I am addicted to coffee, but I have no preference between Starbucks, Coffee Bean, or other coffee retailers.
- My favorite color is blue and I love all the different shades.
- I am a dork at heart and I love things such as Marvel comics, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Disney.
- I am a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and my sisters mean the world to me, plus I have the best Greek family.
This is my baby Gemma. Expect to see a lot of her photos on this blog.
Some things to expect on this blog post-wise include but are not limited to the following:
- "What’s In My Bag?"
- Music playlists for different scenarios
- Sorority-related posts
- Crafting ideas
- iPhone App reviews
- Movie reviews
- Music reviews
- Food reviews
- "Five/Ten Best…"
- Restaurants to try
- "I’m obsessed with…"
- Lots of photos of my everyday doings
- Work out ideas
- "What to do when…"
So look around, enjoy, and feel free to send me any form of feedback by clicking the ask button in the sidebar!